From: "Rafael Fernández López" <info@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown block(0,0)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:49:40
1 Hi,
2
3 I've googled and I haven't got any successfull results. I've my hard disk
4 as follows:
5
6 /dev/hda1 - ext2 (here will go /boot)
7 /dev/hda2 - swap
8 /dev/hda3 - ext3 (here will go /)
9
10 I've compiled gentoo-sources with NO genkernel, but manually. I've no
11 filesystem as modules, everything is included in kernel (as asterisk (*)).
12
13 I am getting the next error when booting:
14
15 Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown
16 block(0,0)
17
18 And my bootloader is grub, here is grub.conf:
19
20 default 0
21 hiddenmenu
22 timeout 5
23
24 title=Gentoo GNU/Linux
25 root (hd0,0)
26 kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.17-gentoo-r5 root=/dev/hda3
27
28 I can't figure out what's going wrong... because I think that I don't need
29 initram because I've nothing compiled as a module.
30
31 Thank you very much,
32 Rafael Fernández López.
35 "A la vista de suficientes ojos todos los errores resultan evidentes" -
36 Linus Torvalds
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list