From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't find eth0
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 20:54:40
1 On 1/4/07, ericzen@××××××.com <ericzen@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > First, I'm told that my usage (like I set it up) of eth0 is depreciated
3 > and I read net.example once over and multiple times in what I thought were
4 > the related areas and I can't get around this problem. This, still, is
5 > only a warning, hence its yellowiness, but then, as dhcp gets started, it
6 > fails to find the device. I've modprobed everything that might be needed
7 > within reason and ifconfig still can't find the card.
8
9 Please post the outputs of lspci, lsmod, and the contents of
10 /etc/conf.d/net.eth0. Without these we cannot help much.
11
12 -Richard
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list