From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Need MythTV setup help (resend)
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 17:36:30
1 Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > I tried the test "cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg" and opening it in mplayer
5 > and all I got was the blank screen.
6
7 I've been through this numerous times. It's no fun. Sorry.
8
9 First, and most important, what does dmesg about ivtv show when you boot?
10
11 Second, when you record 10 seconds of data to test.mpg what is the
12 file size? Zero/small means ivtv simply isn't working. Large means it
13 is but the tuner or something else is not working correctly.
14
15 Note that there are a number of us that are unable to reboot PVR
16 cards. We must cold boot them to have them operate correctly. Info
17 will show up in dmesg if you are one of this unfortunate select group.
18 lspci -x after a warm and cold boot would show a difference.
19
20 Hope this helps,
21 Mark
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list