From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] layman: could not connect to server - partially SOLVED
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:16:04
1 On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 05:10:22PM +0100, Penguin Lover Nicolai Beuermann squawked:
2 > > I've just discovered that reemerging dev-util/subversion (1.6.0)
3 > > with different use flags gives a working svn
4 > >
5 > > USE='-webdav-neon webdav-serf' emerge -1 dev-util/subversion
6 > >
7 > > So, I suspect net-misc/neon (0.28.4) or the interplay of subversion with
8 > > neon is broken.
9 > >
10 > > Helmut.
11 > After building subversion with this new set of USE variables adding the
12 > sabayon overlay works! Many thanks to everyone involved.
13 > Unfortunately "layman -s vmware" (also: "layman -d vmware; layman -f -a
14 > vmware") failed with:
15 > svn: XML parsing failed: (411 Length Required)
18 Helmut and Nicolai: it would be great if one of you can file a bug
19 about this. I think it is rather important as the neon module is the
20 default module for accessing http svns.
21
22 Glad your problem is solved.
23
24 Best,
25
26 W
27 --
28 Two people turned in problem set 12 without indicating their names!
29 This is true scholarship, done for it's own sake and not for
30 material advantage, like a grade.
31 It is an honor to be associated with such nobility of soul.
32 ~Prof. Kirk T. McDonald, DeathEM'03
33 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 841 days, 16:01