From: Sarpy Sam <sarpy.sam@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub hell
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:36:58
1 ____________________________________________________________________________________
2 > > > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites.
3 > > > Make Yahoo! your homepage.
4 > > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
7 > > do you have a space in between (hd1) and (hd0) in
8 > > map (hd1) (hd0)
9 > > ?
10 >
11 > space or no space makes no difference.
12 >
13 > The thing is, tab completion finds only hd0 which grub
14 > doesn't seem to realize is the SECOND drive. Using hd1
15 > gives error 21: Selected disk does not exist. Although
16 > it appears in device.map, dmesg, fdisk etc.
17 >
18 > Maybe it's a bug in grub.Gonna send a note to
19 > bug-grub@×××.org see what happens.
22 I had something similar happen like this on a box I just recently
23 built. I had two hard disks but the system could only see one. It
24 turned out I had the jumpers on the hard drive set for cable select
25 and was using the proper cable but it was not reading right. Once I
26 set the hard drives jumpers in a master/slave configuration the
27 computer could see both hard drives and everything worked fine. Have
28 you messed with this stuff at all? Trying different disc plugged in
29 using different cables into different points. I don't know if it will
30 make a difference but if grub isn't seeing one of the drives I would
31 suspect the controller.
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list