From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What is up with the libreoffice ebuild?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:18:19
1 Am 06.09.2011 20:57, schrieb Alan Mackenzie:
2 >
3 > Again the code already exists, it's merely a matter of not destroying it.
4 > I became a user based on it supporting a standard printing system, and
5 > it's perfectly reasonable for me to expect that support to continue.
6
7 Is this list really the right place to discuss this?
8
9 Would not the gentoo-dev list or gentoo bugzilla be better? Assumed that
10 it is gentoo who makes cups now mandatory and not upstream.
11 If it is gentoo then why not just patch the ebuilds in your local
12 overlay and be happy.
13
14 If it is upstream then all your complains would be better adressed
15 upstream. Maybe they have a bunch of really good reasons to do as they
16 did, reasons nobody HERE knows about.
17
18 Greetings
19
20 Sebastian Beßler