From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange grub problem
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 08:17:51
1 Ivan Alden schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > My laptop ran out of battery and shut off while I was using it and it
5 > seems to have done some damage to the bootloader. When I reboot I can't
6 > see the grub splashscreen any more but if I press enter I does boot into
7 > my kernel. As the computer is booting the output looks all messed up
8 > (but you can make that its initializing devices) until it reaches around
9 > the networking devices which then corrects and works properly.
10 >
11 > I've tried reconfiguring grub with
12 > root (hd0,0)
13 > setup (hd0)
14 >
15 > Does anybody have any suggestions of how to fix this?
16 >
17 > Thanks.
21 Maybe it is this grub splashimage problem. If so, see for grub "emerge
22 make boot screen and others unreadable" in this mailing list.
23 If not, I am sorry, don't know an answer.
24
25 KH