From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updated to gnome 3.10 using overlay and menu item icons disappeared
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 07:41:21
1 On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:50 AM, Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > Hello there,
6 > >
7 > > I updated to gnome 3.10 from the gnome overlay (was using 3.8 earlier
8 > from
9 > > the default portage tree) yesterday.
10 > > Now, in various applications the icons in menu items have disappeared.
11 > >
12 > > Like the new tab icon in Firefox menu, new document icon in libreoffice
13 > file
14 > > menu and so on. For all applications that are GTK based. QT based, like
15 > > Virtualbox seem to be fine.
16 > >
17 > > I tried a couple of solutions -
18 > >
19 > > Reinstalled librsvg, gdk-pixbuf, ran gtk-icon-cache, ran
20 > > gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache
21 > >
22 > > checked org.gnome.desktop.buttons_have_icons & menus_have_icons - both
23 > were
24 > > set to true.
25 > >
26 > > Still no icons.
27 > >
28 > > What's missing?
29 >
30 > Hi Nilesh; before trying to find the problem, why are you using the
31 > GNOME overlay? GNOME 3.10 is in the tree since last December[1].
32 >
33 > Also, which GNOME overlay? The official one[2] or Heather's[3]?
34 >
35 > Regards.
36 >
37 > [1]
38 > http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/gnome-base/gnome/
39 > [2] http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gnome.git;a=summary
40 > [3] https://github.com/Heather/gentoo-gnome/
41 > --
42 > Canek Peláez Valdés
43 > Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación
44 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
47 I'm using the official gnome overlay - because the tree doesn't have 3.10..
48 err wait.. it's hard masked :/
49 But anyway, I now installed from gnome overlay and not considering going
50 back.