From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: google search results (was: Modifying LiveCDs)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:08:40
1 On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net> wrote:
2 >>This is because Google uses geo-targeting to determine what results
3 >>you may be interested in (assuming your geo-location from your IP
4 >>address), and
5 >
6 > are you sure google uses ip geo-location? the results change a lot if
7 > you just change the TLD or hl=
8
9 In the US, when I Google search it shows my city and ZIP code
10 (detected, not always correctly), and allows me to change it, if I
11 want. It uses this to customize results in search, shopping, maps,
12 news...