From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: MTS player
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 07:24:57
1 On Tuesday, April 03, 2012 06:38:29 PM James wrote:
2 > Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
3 > > > My new Sony camcorder produces MTS and CPI video output files.
4 > >
5 > > mplayer2 is a fork of mplayer. I use mplayer2 (instead of mplayer)
6 > > because it has better stream seeking behavior for my use cases. I
7 > > don't remember what all the differences are, though.
8 >
9 > OK I'll check out mplayer2.
10 >
11 > On another note, I have always transferred files form the sony
12 > camcorders to my linux systems, via cp or scp, without issues.
13 >
14 > Now, the new sony (HDR-PJ760V) is giving me troubles.
15 >
16 > I plugged the usb on the sony camcorder into my gentoo system.
17 > The usb was auto discovered. I am able to use Dragon player
18 > to watch the individual files, such as 00001.MTS via Dragon
19 > player and the camcorder being mounted (96 G of flash).
20 >
21 > Ok so I was then initially able to use cp to copy the files
22 > off onto the gentoo hard drive. After I did a few this way,
23 > the mount point now drops almost immediately. I can re-discover
24 > the sony camcorder and automount via the file-manager. I can see
25 > the files and play them one at a time via Dragon Player. But, when
26 > I go to copy them with:
27 >
28 > cp *.MTS /usr/local/video/jeff/basketball/TR
29 > or
30 > cp 00000.MTS /usr/local/video/jeff/basketball/TR
31 >
32 > I get Erno 5 as the mount is lost evey time now.
33 >
34 > The mount drops. I never had this problem before, but it
35 > is a different camera. What really has me stumped is it
36 > worked for a while for a few files, now it drops the mount
37 > every time.
38 >
39 > I even power cycled the camcorder, to no avail.
40 >
41 > Any ideas?
42
43 This sounds like a problem I had with a USB harddrive.
44 Cause: Bad connection in USB-port (dust?)
45 Solution: Use vacuumcleaner to clear USB-port ;)
46
47 HTH,
48
49 Joost