From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] putting mysql databases from one system to another
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 19:01:45
1 I am trying to copy my databases from one system to another and since
2 one is 32-bit and the other is 64-bit, I was told that I could not copy
3 the binary databases directly, but I had to do mysqldump and then
4 put that source file into the new system. What I am getting is that the
5 passwords seem not to have gotten through -- the user names seem to be
6 there, but I cannot login with the passwords the user had in the old
7 system.
8
9 Can anyone tell me why this is so and what I can do to fix?
10
11 Thanks in advance for any ideas.
14 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
15 How do
16 you spend it?
17
18 John Covici