From: Nick Cunningham <nick@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout and openrc issues from inside a vserver
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:00:59
1 2009/1/19 kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
2
3 > I've been putting off the openrc upgrade on my vserver account for
4 > some time and think it's finally come around to bite me.
5 >
6 > Here's the info.
7 >
8 > I don't run the host OS only the vserver. The latest changes to profiles
9 > depreciated my old profile last night so I updated. I'm now using
10 > /usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/x86/vserver as eic-sync suggested. The
11 > issue appears to be that baselayout-vserver has been masked by
12 > /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask with this message.
13 >
14 > - sys-apps/baselayout-vserver-1.11.14-r4 (masked by: package.mask)
15 > /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
16 > # mask pending removal
17 > # Benedikt Böhm <hollow@g.o> (10 Jan 2009)
18 > # baselayout-vserver is unmaintained and obsoleted by
19 > # baselayout-2/openrc. please upgrade. removal in 30 days.
20 >
21 > That makes sense, but my vserver profile has masked baselayout-2.
22 >
23 > !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
24 > request:
25 > - sys-apps/baselayout-2.0.0 (masked by: package.mask)
26 > /usr/portage/profiles/targets/vserver/package.mask:
27 > # Benedikt Boehm <hollow@g.o>
28 > # Mask baselayout in vservers. Use baselayout-vserver instead!
29 >
30 > I suspect I need to change my profile to something that isn't vserver, but
31 > I haven't been able to find any docs or post of how to proceed.
32 >
33 > kashani
36 Or, you can just unmask the baselayout package and stay with the vserver
37 profile. Add the packages needed to /etc/portage/package.unmask. You will
38 probably have to add them to /etc/portage/package.keywords aswell as i think
39 they are still ~ARCH only.
40
41 If you not sure whats needed then emerge the program autounmask and that
42 will add all the entries (including any dependancies) automatically.
43
44 - Nick