From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] get rid of xf86-video-* drivers
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 23:12:30
1 On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 6:52 AM, Pawel K <pawlaczus@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > I would like to get rid of all unnecessary x11-drivers/xf86-video-*
5 > packages.
6 > I do NOT want to migrate to "Modular X".
7 >
8 > I set my video card in /etc/make.conf as follows:
9 > VIDEO_CARDS="i810"
10 >
11 > What should I do now. Just "emerge --unmerge" on each unnecessary package ?
12 > Is it sufficient for emerge to NOT to install drivers on an upgrade xorg in
13 > the future.
14 >
15 > Thanks for answer.
20 I would just do the following:
21
22 emerge --depclean world -a
23 revdep-rebuild -a
24
25 --depclean will remove packages that were brought in as dependencies,
26 but no longer are dependencies. revdep-rebuild will make sure that
27 nothing got removed by revdep-rebuild that should not have been
28 removed.