From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Managing multiple systems with identical hardware
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:13:01
1 On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 18:06:40 -0800, Grant wrote:
2
3 > I may end up using portage instead of rsync but I think I'd like to
4 > try rsync first. Am I setting myself up for failure?
5
6 Tried and tested system maintenance tool vs. home brewed modification of
7 critical files... I'd say a definite possibility of a yes.
8
9 Just let portage do what it was designed to do. Set up a build host,
10 which doesn't have to be your laptop, it can be a chroot on a desktop or
11 server. Set FEATURES=buildpkg on this, add usepkg to emerge default opts
12 on everything else and have them all use the same PKGDIR over NFS.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 C:\BELFRY is where I keep my .BAT files ^^^oo^^^