From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd net interfaces always want a default route?
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 07:31:49
1 On 02/13/15 22:39, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Adam Carter
3 > <[1]adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > It looks like /etc/systemd/system/network@.service requires a
6 > gateway= line, however, for a second interface I wont set another
7 > default. Is there a standard way to so this, or do i have to copy
8 > network@.service to a new name and remove the 'ip route add' line?
9 > Where this service unit file came from? Did you write it yourself?
10 > If it's a static network (meaning, the computer does not usually moves
11 > physically), why don't you use a .network unit file (man 5
12 > systemd.network)?
13 > Regards.
14 > --
15 > Canek Peláez Valdés
16 > Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias
17 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
18 >
19 >References
20 >
21 > 1. mailto:adamcarter3@×××××.com
22
23 I did mange to make it to work but, when I printed a pdf file or an OpenOffice document the job is being transmitted from client to server and being held,
24 when I release it; it didn't get printed. The job just disappeared.
25
26 -------configuration---------
27 My setting on server:
28 /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
29 ...
31 Listen /run/cups/cups.sock
32
33 # Restrict access to the server...
34 <Location />
35 Order allow,deny
36 Allow localhost
37 Allow 192.168.151.*
38
39 On a eeepc client:
40 /etc/openvpn/eeepc.conf
41 ...
42 push "route 192.168.151.0 255.255.255.0"
43
44 /etc/cups/client.conf
45 ServerName 192.168.151.1:631
46
47 -------end configuration----------
48
49 With the above setting when I open Fedora - Printer Setting (eeepc is running Fedora) I was able to see all the printers that I have installed on a server.
50 But the result was strange, jobs disappearing, slow etc. Text file printed OK
51
52 In addition my connection to the client was VERY, VERY slow when I ssh to it. I don't know if the cups had something to do with it. I disable the configuration
53 and the response is much faster.
56 Joseph