From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I exclude a package from --depclean's consideration?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:48:02
1 On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:22:41 -0500
2 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > "emerge --depclean" always wants to remove all but the most recent
5 > version of gentoo-sources. I read the manpage and can't figure out how
6 > to exclude this package. The manpage states:
7 >
8 > "Packages that are part of the world set will always be kept."
9 >
10 > However, if I have sys-kernel/gentoo-sources in world, it still wants
11 > to remove all but the most recent version of that package, which I
12 > think is the correct behavior... just not what I desire.
13
14 It's kinda case of "italian strike" - doing the job to the letter ;)
17 > So, my question: Is there a way to tell depclean to never remove *any*
18 > version of gentoo-sources?
19
20 That's where portage-2.2 sets find another use.
21 Just add following set to /usr/share/portage/config/sets.conf:
22
23 [kernels]
24 class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
25 world-candidate = False
26 files = /usr/src
27
28 And append "@kernels" line to /var/lib/portage/world_sets
29 Now any installed (even with -1) kernel should be safe from ravenous
30 depclean.
34 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net