From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] How do I remove pam during/after an install.
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 01:53:01
1 Apologies for wasting peoples' time. I was also inserting a rather
2 large USE variable whilst removing pam. This was a shock for the system
3 and the real reason for system breakage.. Removing pam had nothing to
4 do with it. See
5 http://wikigentoo.ksiezyc.pl/HOWTO_Remove_PAM.htm for pam-removal
6 nstructions. It's somewhat outdated but the basic instructions are OK.
7
8 ======================================================================
9 Note: Don't do anything else while removing PAM. Do not log out of
10 existing console sessions
11
12 First, edit make.conf and add -pam to the USE flags. Then:
13
14 # emerge -C pam pam-login && emerge -N shadow
15 # emerge -uDN world
16
17 That's it! Your system is now PAM free.
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
22 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications