From: Jan Sever <n32@×××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Source for checksums of installed files
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 09:24:30
1 Hi all,
2
3 I was looking for information about the source for checksums of installed
4 files but I didn't find. I'd like to know whether Portage makes checksums
5 (for equery check) from installed files in /, or in /var/tmp/portage. And
6 similarly whether it makes binary packages (when asked) from /, or again
7 from /var/tmp/portage. It'd make sense, it'd make it from /var/tmp/portage
8 but I'm not sure of that.
9
10 I have suspicion that my SSD doesn't work quite well, so I mount /var/tmp
11 from memory and I'd like to know whether the final checksums and binary
12 packages cannot be corrupted from SSD.
13
14 Of course I thought about the possibility that emerging packages from
15 possibly corrupted system is not quite OK but it seems to work.
16
17 Thank you in advance for your answer.
18
19 --
20 Jan Sever