From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Windows 10 Pro 64bit in Virtualbox
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 20:44:58
1 On Sunday, 23 May 2021 19:39:24 BST thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Thank Michael for the update. It is handy.
4 > When you are talking about "transparency" you mean inside Windows 10, isn't
5 > it?
6
7 Yes, under Settings > Personalization > Colors > Transparency Effects.
10 > I've experimented with resizing Windows 10 32bit (currently installed) using
11 > gparted and it went very well, no problems. I'm not sure with switching to
12 > Windows 10 64bit will help or not.
13
14 I've always run MSWindows 10 64bit, so I can't report on differences in
15 performance, other than the obvious benefit in multitasking and hungry
16 applications requiring more RAM than a 32bit will cope with. As far as I know
17 switching from 32bit to 64bit involves reinstalling, so this would be the time
18 to also allocate the virtual disk space you think you would need and allow
19 another 15G to 20G on top for future upgrades.