From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NVidia drivers and vanilla kernel Linux 4.7.0 anyone?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 06:39:58
1 On 30/07/16 14:09, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > thank you for your reply ! :)
5 > I have to use the nvidia drivers, because I am using Blender, which
6 > renders via CUDA on the GPU...
7 >
8 > Best regards
9 > Meino
14 > Jigme Datse Yli-RAsku <jigme.datse@×××××××××××××××.com> [16-07-30 08:04]:
15 >> I have an earlier version of the x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers installed (361.28), but if I recall, I couldn't get x11 to use them. Or maybe they are already using them, but I don't know it (but I believe I couldn't get the tools to recognize that they were being used). My understanding is that using the correct framebuffer drivers is as good, if not better than using the official nvidia ones. But as I don't believe I have had the opportunity to do so, I can't really say.
16 >>
17 >> Jigme Datse Yli-Rasku
18 >>