From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xine-lib and arts-3.5.. Doesn't get compiled
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 04:08:30
1 On 12/5/05, Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I upgraded to KDE 3.5 and removed the slotted KDE 3.4. xine-lib was compiled
5 > with +arts back in the KDE 3.4 days. Yesterday, I installed imagemagick and
6 > now wanted to compile xine-lib with +imagemagick which was - previously.
7 >
8 > The trouble is, that xine-lib doesn't want to get compiled with +arts, because
9 > it looks for the libartsc.la from /usr/kde/3.4/blah.. The file doesn't exist
10 > anymore because I removed KDE 3.4.
11 >
12 > So, my question should be quite apparent by now. How do I get xine-lib to
13 > compile with +arts with arts-3.5?
14
15 The first is to figure out which .la files and packages still
16 reference kde 3.4 stuff:
17
18 find / -name *.la -exec grep --with-filename -l kde/3.4 {} \; 2>/dev/null |
19 while read x; do equery belongs $x ; done
20
21 The output of the above will give you a list of .la files and the
22 packages that own them. Now you can either edit the .la files by hand
23 to fix the path, or "emerge --oneshot <pkgname>" each of the listed
24 packages. My preference is to remerge the dependant packages, but I
25 can't really explain why...it just feels safer to me.
26
27 -Richard
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list