From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why doesn't revdep-rebuild catch undefined symbol errors?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 11:54:55
1 On 28/10/2018 12:36, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > revdep-rebuild catches libraries from removed packages (including
3 > removed older versions) still in use by other packages. Though with
4 > proper subslot dependencies revdep-rebuild is rarely needed.
5 >
6 > If for some reason library containing required symbol was
7 > forcefully removed, revdep-rebuild cannot magically recreate that
8 > symbol.
9
10 Ah, alright. I was thinking of this tool as a detector for things that
11 need to be rebuild.
12
13 So it seems the issue I ran across has no tool to detect it (even though
14 it seems it's easy to detect.)