From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lanmap ebuild
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:42:26
1 Ricardo Saffi Marques schrieb:
2 > Hi everybody!
3 >
4 > First of all: Lanmap (http://www.parseerror.com/lanmap/) - "lanmap
5 > sits quietly on a network and
6 > builds a picture of what it sees."
7 >
8 > Since Lanmap is not on the official portage tree, does any of you know
9 > any overlay that provide
10 > ebuilds or any other way to "canonically" install Lanmap on Gentoo?
11 >
12 > I checked the developer's website and found out his Subversion
13 > Repository is currently offline. He
14 > links to "zipped snapshots of revisions", but they are all very old
15 > (latest from Mar/2006).
16 >
17 > I know there is a package of Lanmap for Debian, but I don't know
18 > whether it is up-to-date or not.
19 >
20 > In case there is no answer for my questions, do any you recommend an
21 > alternative for Lanmap? Thanks
22 > in advance.
23 >
24 > Best regards,
25 >
26 > Saffi
27 >
28 You can look this up yourself:
29
30 $ update-eix-remote update "Will update the eix db with everything
31 which is an overley"
32 $ eix lanmap
33
34 or search bugzilla