From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Custom rsync command for
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:43:30
1 Alexander Skwar <listen <at> alexander.skwar.name> writes:
4 > Hello.
5 >
6 > On one of my systems, I'd like to use a "custom" rsync command when emerge
7 > is to be used (I'd like rsync to use a SOCKS proxy and I'd like emerge to call
8 > "socksify rsync" instead of just "rsync". For this, I'd write a tiny wrapper
9 > script).
10
11 Hmm, well, it just occured to me, that I could run "socksify emerge --sync"
12 instead of having emerge run "socksify rsync". The net effect would be the same.
13
14 But still, just for my curiosity:
15
16 > How do I tell emerge to use a custom rsync command?
17
18 Cheers,
19 Alexander
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list