From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Open Relay - What Happened?
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:22:15
1 Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > Just be aware bounce-mails are not nessicarily an indication of a
3 > compromised box. Lately some spammers have learn't they can double
4 > their audience and halve their own send rate by putting victim1 as the
5 > "to" address, and victim2 as the "from" field, so that way when
6 > servers send a 'sorry, cant deliver this message' it bascially acts
7 > as a open-relay-on-bounce ( if theres any doubt, check the headers of
8 > the bounced message, sometimes you'll find your server never touched
9 > it )
10
11 Right, but the headers in my instance definitely confirmed that I had
12 been blocked by my ISP. Also, e-mails that I had personally sent to
13 people I know were getting bounced. But thanks for the tip!
16 Randy Barlow
17 http://electronsweatshop.com
18
19 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people
20 for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him
21 who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were
22 not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received
23 mercy, but now you have received mercy. ~1 Peter 2:9-10
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list