From: Roman Zimmermann <mereandor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Panic at boot time after update kernel to 2.6.20-r8.
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 05:54:20
1 Am Mittwoch 16 Mai 2007 01:40 schrieb Karl Haines:
2 >.... I have fixed many problems (i'm a computer technician) with
3 > BIOS updates. Having XP installed makes no difference, except that you
4 > can (with some MBs) update from within windows. They ALL, however,
5 > support a BIOS update from a bootable DOS floppy. Hope this helps!
6
7 Hi!
8
9 Probably I was just frightened by some horror stories about BIOS flashing.
10 I'll give it a shot in the next days.
11
12 thanks.
13 Roman