From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] world file - where has it gone?
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 19:36:23
1 On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 01:19:03PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I discovered that the file /var/lib/portage/world
4 > contains only a few lines where it contained hundreds of files
5 > before.
6
7 As far as I’m aware, if you say `emerge foo`, then "foo" is added to that
8 file. But a long time ago I switched to manually managing sets (essentials,
9 kde, office, etc.). If you add -1 to the emerge command, then foo is not
10 added to world. Perhaps you started using that argument.
13 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
14 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
15
16 “If a ship with 1000 investment bankers sinks in heavy seas, it is a
17 tragedy. If only one of them can swim, it is a disaster.” – Urban Priol