From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and amixer
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 02:27:28
1 On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 06:36:28PM -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote
2 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >
4 > Yep, its the same, but when I tried to restore as a regular user (which
5 > I normally don't do) it complained about the .lock file and restored to
6 > some strange values which involved so much feedback that I had to go to
7 > a root window and restore again. The strange thing is that I had no
8 > problems like this under openrc, so I wonder what systemd is doing and
9 > how I can get around it.
10
11 The settings are supposed to be automatically restored as part of the
12 bootup process. If you run openrc, did you execute...
13
14 rc-update add alsasound boot
15
16 ...at alsa installation as per http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ALSA ? If
17 you run systemd, I assume there's an equivalant service file. And,
18 grasping at straws, is your regular user a member of the "audio" group?
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
22 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications