From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get source of emerge to patch?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:57:35
1 On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:46:05 -0700 (PDT), Jim John wrote:
2
3 > Hi. I want to patch cyrus-imapd. I have the diff file, but no source
4 > because I emerged from the repository. How do I get the source and
5 > ebuild it? Thanks.
6
7 The best way to do this is to modify the ebuild to apply the patch.
8
9 Copy the existing cyrus-imapd directory from /usr/portage to your
10 overlay.
11
12 Copy the patch to the files subdirectory of that new directory
13
14 Open the copied ebuild in your text editor. you'll see an epatch line in
15 the src_unpack section, add another one with the name of your patch.
16
17 Run "ebuild cyrus-imapd-version.ebuild digest"
18
19 Emerge it.
20
21 If the patch may be useful to others, file a report on bugs.g.o.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 "That trick NEVER works!"