From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnu screen - copy'n'paste
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 23:09:40
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> [14-10-27 22:56]:
2 > On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:03 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I am using screen to log into my beaglebone embedded computer, which
6 > > runs Gentoo (of course!) like this:
7 > >
8 > > ssh -t root@192.168.178.27 screen -R -d
9 > >
10 > > . This makes it possible to detach the terminal and shutdown the PC,
11 > > while the beagle still runs processes...
12 > >
13 > > BUT:
14 > > Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste things from my PC to a started
15 > > session like the way described above.
16 > >
17 > > What is the problem here? ssh? screen? Or...simply my (mis-)
18 > > understanding of the whole thing ?
19 >
20 > What do you mean by "copy and paste"? C-k/C-y in the console?
21 > C-S-c/C-S-v in an X terminal like gnome-terminal? Select by the mouse
22 > and then middle click?
23 >
24 > Regards.
25 > --
26 > Canek Peláez Valdés
27 > Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias
28 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
31 I mean the UNIX classic, not the Windows stuff:
32 Mouse Left: Select/Copy
33 Mouse Middle: paste