From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dependency info is missing and /sbin/depscan.sh is not helpful
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:29:23
2007/1/24, Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>:
> What exactly were you in the middle up updating when you rebooted the > system? What had been updated already before that?
I can't remember what was it exactly. I'll try to skim the logs, I hope I'll find something over there. Besides, I'm quite sure I had got a segmentation fault errors while trying to emerge glibc, so I skipped it with --skipfirst option. Do you think that those problems may be related somehow?
> something crucial to the system. I would recommend booting using the > livecd and then chrooting into your environment and trying to fix the > system from there.
Thanks, I've already thought about it. I'm planning to do it tomorrow, as it is almost midnight over here. I will do what I can and report the results. Thank you for your feedback. Regards, Jan Stepien -- Mail jano at stepien com pl Jabber jano at jabber aster pl GG 1894343 Web http://stepien.com.pl -- gentoo-user@g.o mailing list