From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dependency info is missing and /sbin/depscan.sh is not helpful
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:29:23
1 2007/1/24, Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>:
2 > What exactly were you in the middle up updating when you rebooted the
3 > system? What had been updated already before that?
4
5 I can't remember what was it exactly. I'll try to skim the logs, I
6 hope I'll find something over there. Besides, I'm quite sure I had got
7 a segmentation fault errors while trying to emerge glibc, so I skipped
8 it with --skipfirst option. Do you think that those problems may be
9 related somehow?
10
11 > something crucial to the system. I would recommend booting using the
12 > livecd and then chrooting into your environment and trying to fix the
13 > system from there.
14
15 Thanks, I've already thought about it. I'm planning to do it tomorrow,
16 as it is almost midnight over here. I will do what I can and report
17 the results.
18
19 Thank you for your feedback.
20