From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Building the nvidia and ati proprietary drivers against the latest kernel.git
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 20:08:25
1 Am 2012-04-09 02:30, schrieb walt:
2 > For many years I've been testing kernels from Linus's git repository
3 > and I find that about twice a year the kernel devs do something evil
4 > that breaks proprietary video drivers. (I suspect they do it on purpose
5 > but I can't prove it ;)
6 >
7 > I have no idea how many of you like to test bleeding edge kernels but
8 > I thought I'd ask. I have some seriously ugly hacks for building the
9 > nvidia (and very recently) the ati proprietary drivers against git
10 > kernels, but I won't spend time explaining them here if no one is
11 > interested.
12
13 walt, would you mind sharing your nvidia-stuff as well?
14
15 seems you missed my on-list reply yesterday ;-)
16
17 thanks in advance, Stefan