From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] empty cdrom drive is busy or mounted
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 22:58:39
1 On 2019.08.21 15:48, james wrote:
2 > On 8/16/19 12:44 PM, Jack wrote:
3 > > ps auxf | grep systemd
4 >
5 > This is new turf for me. Upon issuing this command string I get::
6 >
7 > # ps auxf | grep systemd
8 > root 24947 0.0 0.0 13964 996 pts/6 S+ 15:43 0:00
9 > | | | \_ grep --colour=auto systemd
10 This just means that there is nothing else running on your system with
11 "systemd" in the name.
12 >
13 > I have no clue what this means, nor what action, if any I should take
14 > to remedy this. I have never used systemd and put up/modify
15 > everything I can to keeep systemd off. Any explaination or advice,
16 > like a master list of things/configs to ensure nothing 'systemd
17 > related' in on the system, is most welcome.
18 Sorry, but you came into the middle of a conversation started by
19 someone else, and all suggestions provided were directed primarily at
20 him. What is the "this" you think you need to remedy?
21
22 In the case of the original poster to this thread, he was not using
23 systemd, but did have it installed, so I suggested that ps command to
24 see if any part of systemd was running on his system, even though he
25 didn't think there was.
26
27 In your case, if you have never installed systemd, then you should not
28 have anything to worry about. While many of us might call it
29 "intrusive," as far as I know, it does not have the ability to actually
30 install itself without you knowing about it. If you have eix
31 installed, you could even do "eix systemd" to confirm you don't have
32 any of it's pieces installed.
33 >
34 > Just a note: I've been in poor health, over the last 2 years, so
35 > excuse my lack of keeping my gentoo system(s) robustly updated.
36 Not updating your system may make it difficult to do once you are
37 ready, but it does not change the state of what you do or do not have
38 installed or running. If you need help when you DO try to update, just
39 start a new thread with an appropriate subject, and there are plenty
40 of folks who will offer advice.
41 >
42 > James
43 Jack