From: ubiquitous1980 <nixuser1980@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A quick test of su
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:20:24
1 Zeerak Waseem wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:13:55 +0100, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 >> At Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:07:21 -0800 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> Can I trouble you folks to do this ten-second test and report your
8 >>> results?
9 >>>
10 >>> As an ordinary user, type 'su' at a bash prompt. Now, where you
11 >>> would normally type your root password, just type Ctrl-d instead.
12 >>>
13 >>> What do you see? (I'm ruling out evil spirits here, so please bear
14 >>> with me ;)
15 >>>
16 >>> Thanks for your help.
17 >>
18 >> Looks good here.
19 >> allan
20 >>
21 >> gottlieb@allan ~ $ su
22 >> Password:
23 >> su: Authentication information cannot be recovered
24 >> gottlieb@allan ~ $
27 > Same here :-)
28 >
29 > zeerak@Zeerak /home/zeerak $ su
30 > Password:
31 > su: Authentication information cannot be recovered
34 su: Authentication information cannot be recovered