From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] FIXED: Re: KDE3 removal
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:05:13
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > emerge -C device-mapper && emerge lvm2 udev
7 Yep, mix in an extra reboot and it's all fine now!
10 > eclipse doesn't DEPEND on xulrunner at all, but various other things do.
11 > equery depends -a xulrunner:1.8 lists about 40 possibilities here.
12
13 eclipse depends on SWT. SWT depends on xulrunner. sorry,
14 I should have been more clear, I did not pay closer attention
15 to the 1.8 vs 1.9 issues....thanks.
16
17 The system is already gone, so I'll be another 6-9 months
18 before I see it again.....
19
20 kde-4.3.1 went smooth, except
21 for I have to manually removed all the kde-3.5 packages.
22 It had kde-meta-3.5.10. Is there some syntax or a better
23 method to insure all the kde-3.5.x packages are removed,
24 without a manual sweep?
27 Thanks Alan.
30 James