From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filetimestamp needed by emerge ?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:30:42
1 On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 05:35:51 +0200 (CEST), Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2
3 > I want to cp -a /usr/portage to another partition to make room on /
4 >
5 > When I will do this, all files of the portage directory will get
6 > a new and nearly identical timestamp.
7
8 No they won't. -a includes -p, which preserves timestamps. If you are
9 really concerned about an identical copy, use rsync.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.