From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x11-drivers/ati-drivers and latest kernel (stable)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:05:14
1 On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 21:29 +0100, Remy Blank wrote:
2 > Has anybody had any luck with x11-drivers/ati-drivers and the latest
3 > stable kernel gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1?
4 [snip]
5 > Then I emerged the latest ~x86 ati-drivers (8.21.7), which seems to work
6 > at first sight, but hangs when I logout.
7
8 I had the display corruption on logout also (happened when I try to
9 switch to a console or restart xdm too). After going back and forward
10 through many version of ati-drivers, it mysteriously disappeared! I
11 have been playing around with a lot of kernels and ati-driver versions
12 to try and get a stable combination that gave decent frame rates.
13
14 This is what I ended up with (I'm using ~x86):
15
16 suspend2-sources-2.6.15-r4
17 ati-drivers-8.21.7
18
19 I don't have hal :)
20
21 HTH,
22 --
23 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
24
25 An aphorism is never exactly true; it is either a half-truth or
26 one-and-a-half truths.
27 -- Karl Kraus
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list