From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 21:57:44
1 On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:06:28 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > I do similar, except I'm even more of a control freak than you, so
4 > > my kde4 set contains onl;y a couple of meta-packages, the rest it
5 > > individual packages.
6 > >
7 > > % wc -l /etc/portage/sets/kde4
8 > > 83 /etc/portage/sets/kde4
9 > >
10 > > Sad, I know :(
11 >
12 > Wow, how do you maintain that lot and keep it all straight?
13 >
14 > KDE devs love adding and removing and renaming stuff between minor
15 > versions, mostly just for the hell of it. You could end up with
16 > KDE-4.2 packages in there if you don't keep an eye on it :-)
17
18 The KDE ebuilds barf if you try to mix versions, if a package is removed
19 or renamed from a later release, portage lets me know!
20
21 If means I don't get to know about any new additions, but I can read
22 about those on kde.org
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 You have the capacity to learn from mistakes. You'll learn a lot today.