From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Same version in portage and overlay, how to mask?
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 06:30:58
1 Alan McKinnon schrieb:
2 > If I have identically named packages with the *same* version number in the
3 > portage tree and in an overlay, how do I mask the overlay version without
4 > deleting the overlay?
5 >
6 > I have kde-testing enabled to get koffice:2, but some packages conflict with
7 > portage, like kscreensaver:
8 >
9 > [I] kde-base/kscreensaver
10 > Available versions:
11 > (3.5) 3.5.9 (~)3.5.10
12 > (4.2) (~)4.2.1 (~)4.2.1[1] [M](~)4.2.2[1]
13 >
14 > This one isn't too bad, but recently kdelibs did this and mixing overlay with
15 > KDE is never a good idea. I can fiddle with PORTDIR_OVERLAY and
16 > local/layman/make.conf but layman tends to undo my changes.
17 >
18 > So how can I mask just a specific ebuild from a specific overlay?
19 >
20 This is another solution
21
22 http://www.j-schmitz.net/blog/linux/prefering-a-package-from-the-tree-over-a-package-from-an-overlay