From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer is slow in xfce but Ok in other X
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 01:03:41
1 On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 11:40:37PM +0800, Chuanwen Wu wrote
2
3 > My mplayer in gnome is OK! But after i switch to xfce4.39,everytime
4 > i start it ,it will take me 1~2minutes,and can't do anything until
5 > it's OK!
6
7 Here's a guess; you are running mplayer with different parameters. A
8 site that streams content slowly will take a minute or two to fill up
9 enough of the cache to start playback. The GNOME link might point to a
10 different mplayer config file with a much smaller cache setting, and/or
11 a smaller threshold before playback begins. Can you look at your GNOME
12 launcher that starts mplayer, and see what the parameters are?
15 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
16 My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list