From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: modules in use
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 14:47:59
1 "Paul Hartman" <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 [ ... ] (good input, thanks posters)
4
5 Paul wrote:
6
7 > Yes, I think the only real solution is to remove things and see what
8 > breaks.
9
10 So is there consensus here that Pauls' comment above is right?
11
12 »Q« choose the example of his wireless module
13
14 > I see the same kind of thing, using alsa instead of oss. But
15 > Whatever the 0's mean, the output of lsmod won't be enough to help
16 > the OP, who really wants to be able to tell what modules are
17 > *needed*.
18
19 Does that same thing apply to any network driver module? If I have
20 started eth0; will the `0' in lsmod come and go as its used?