From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: stuffit does not recognise .sitx
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:21:45
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2009-03-17, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+.sitx
6 >>> http://my.smithmicro.com/unix/stuffit/index.html
7 >>>
8 >> Thank you, I have seen this and emerged stuffit (I had to
9 >> manually download the source file). However, trying to run it
10 >> on a .sitx file fails as shown above - hence I am asking if I
11 >> am missing something here, or if there is an alternative that
12 >> will work from Gentoo.
15 > According to the articles googe found, the free version of the
16 > unpacker for Linux doesn't support the .sitx format. Seems
17 > like a big-ole "FU" from smithmicro to the Linux community if
18 > you ask me.
19 >
20 > If the trail version of the non-free stuffit from smithmicro
21 > doesn't support it, then I doubt anything else will. It's a
22 > format that the sutffit guys invented. What the world needs
23 > most, after all, is one more proprietary archive format.
24 >
25 > I'd tell your friend that stuffit is evil and he should use
26 > somethign else.
31 Depending on your friends sense of humor, maybe even tell him to "stuff
32 it". LOL :-D
33
34 Dale
35