From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 20:59:09
1 On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 05:23:50PM -0800, Daniel Campbell (zlg) wrote
2 >
3 > On December 17, 2016 11:10:04 AM PST, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
4 > > A note; the developers have stated in the Pale Moon forum that they're
5 > >working on getting rid of gstreamer, and having Pale Moon talk directly
6 > >to ffmpeg and libav. This gets rid of one layer of middleware, and the
7 > >associated security problems.
8 >
9 > Thanks for sharing more about Pale Moon. I thought it was Windows-
10 > exclusive and 64-bit oriented. Good to see it's cross-platform. Do you
11 > guys still write C++?
12
13 It did start out Windows-only, but a developer came along who put in
14 the work to do a linux version. I don't think there's anything in the
15 code that would restrict it 32-bit-only or 64-bit-only. grepping
16 through the source, I see references to "CXXFLAGS" in *.configure and
17 *.m4 files, so I assume there is C++ code.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications