From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: wpa_supplicant troubles with newly installed gentoo
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 05:48:39
1 On Monday 30 May 2016 19:16:19 Jackson Darule wrote:
2
3 > I’m unable to use wpa_gui as I don’t have Xorg installed on my computer.
4 > I’ve removed /var/run/wpa_supplicant/wlp3s0 and ran /etc/init.d/net.wlp3s0
5 > start. This gave the feedback net.wlp3s0 | * WARNING: net.wlp3s0 has
6 > already started, but is inactive
7
8 This is normal, the interface is waiting for dhcpcd to obtain an IP lease.
9
10 What does your syslog say now? Is it obtaining an IP lease from your router?
13 > Is there any further information which could fix this, or is it best to try
14 > installing it again later, but install Xorg before rebooting into the new
15 > system so I can use wpa_gui.
16 >
17 > Thanks.
18
19 If this is a new installation you may need some firmware for your wlp3s0,
20 before the driver will operate the wireless NIC successfully. Search the wiki
21 and Google for your card's firmware if unsure, but typically installing sys-
22 kernel/linux-firmware should do it, unless your card is quite new.
25 Regards,
26 Mick