From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:53:36
1 On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:58, "CR Little" <crlittle@××××××××××.com>
2 wrote about 'RE: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question':
3 > I'm using ext3
4
5 A: Because it reverses the logical progression of the conversation.
6 Q: Why shouldn't I top post?
7
8 Aaaaaaaanyway, in your case, you've got two options:
9 1) Search around like crazy for a ext2/3 online resizer -- I'm pretty sure
10 there's one available, but I don't have it on my system -- and use it.
11 2) unmount the filesystem, resize2fs /dev/vg/home, and mount the
12 filesystem.
13
14 <troll subtype="filesystem"/>
15 Downtime sucks, in the future choose a real filesystem, like reiserfs.
16 </troll>
17
18 ;)
21 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.