From: AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage and sets
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:23:22
1 Hi again,
2
3 One more note. I recommend you use a prefix for your own sets, to avoid
4 conflicts with official or overlay sets. ie. I call my kde-3.5 set:
5 ajb-kde-3.5
6
7 While portage almost certainly has a system for handling conflicting
8 sets (at a guess, probably user > overlay > official tree, the same way
9 everything else goes), this removes any ambiguity.
10
11 AllenJB
12
13 Dale wrote:
14 > Hi
15 >
16 > I'm wanting to experiment a little with the new sets feature of
17 > portage. I have searched around the forums, even looked at gentoo wiki
18 > and read a few man pages. I can not find a good link to a how to for
19 > sets. I would like to have a couple things if someone has them. 1) a
20 > link to a good how to. 2) could someone send me a copy of a sets file
21 > for something like KDE or something. Just something I can use for a
22 > template if you would.
23 >
24 > Thanks much. Oh, yea, I may be about to break something. I got my
25 > backups up to date tho. o_O
26 >
27 > Dale
28 >