From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Routing problem ?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:11:19
1 Mick wrote:
2
3 > I agree that this is not related to the ISP. What you probably need to do is
4 > set up RIP2 in your router 1, to be able to recognize other subdomains
5 > (192.168.2.XXX). Then it'll process packets coming from that subdomain. The
6 > router manual ought to help you out on setting this up.
7
8 <grumpy network engineer>
9 Sure let's make something simple really complicated. And sucky.
10 </>
11
12 Is there some sort of dynamic routing happening on this network?
13 Different possible paths to get to machines? Links we might want to
14 balance traffic over? Other routers sending route updates? If not, then
15 why would we want the added complexity of a routing protocol? There are
16 all of two routes on this network and they never change. Static routing
17 is the right choice and functionally no different than if the route had
18 been inserted via a routing protocol.
19
20 No routing protocol will make router1 NAT addresses it doesn't want to.
21 Adding that subnet to the NAT list will, but that is outside the routing
22 table or it would have already worked.
23
24 kashani
25 --
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list