From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Disappearing useflag hell
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 22:33:17
1 Somewhere deep in the bowels of portage my 'introspection' useflag is
2 vanishing -- but on just one of my three machines.
3
4 I set the introspection useflag on all three machines (two ~amd64 and
5 one ~x86) but when I run emerge --info, only two of the machines show
6 the introspection useflag in the output. Why?
7
8 All three machines share the same /usr/portage by NFS, so they all
9 see the same use.mask and use.force files, etc.
10
11 I'm running the default linux desktop gnome profile on all three.
12
13 I tried deleting my /etc/portage/* on the problem machine, which made
14 no difference.
15
16 I even tried using an empty make.conf and adding the single line
17 USE="introspection", but that made no difference either.
18
19 When I flip other useflags in make.conf the changes show up in the
20 output of emerge --info, but not when I flip 'introspection'.
21
22 Two days wasted and I'm out of ideas.
23
24 Anyone understand the details of emerge --info or what I can do to
25 diagnose this problem?