From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] codec for video embedded in presentation
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 23:39:23
1 2012/12/30 Nuno J. Silva <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt>
2
3 > On 2012-12-30, Francisco Ares wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hello All,
6 > >
7 > > ...
8 >
9 > Keep in mind that the support for videos in powerpoint presentations
10 > will vary greatly across different powerpoint versions, windows versions
11 > and even across different installs of the same versions. Even if you
12 > manage to get a version of powerpoint to "like" the container and
13 > codecs, it may not work on all computers.
14 >
15 > The AVI container has been used by windows for a long time, so I'd say
16 > chances are that it will work on more systems, but I can't say for sure.
19 > --
20 > Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
21 > http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/
25 Thanks, Nuno, gonna try it.
28 Francisco
29 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
30 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
31 one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
32 - George Bernard Shaw