From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SystemRescueCD with nonm
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 13:20:07
1 On Monday, 31 December 2018 10:26:06 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Sunday, 30 December 2018 19:03:31 GMT Alarig Le Lay wrote:
3
4 > > kernel netboot
5 > >
6 > > Hope this helps.
7 >
8 > Hmm. Not sure it does. I'd have to consider the work in changing the .iso.
9 > As I couldn't even mount it -oloop to write it to a USB drive, that looks
10 > like a big job.
11
12 Did you run:
13
14 mount -o loop,exec /path/to/systemrescuecd-x86-x.y.z.iso /tmp/cdrom
15
16 as the web page instructs? What error did you get?
19 I also had a go modifying the iso to include firmware for my old laptop's
20 Radeon card, which in the last couple of versions were excluded by the devs.
21
22 Unfortunately, some of the command(s) provided in the sysrescuecd website
23 failed to run - something about missing libs or files. I also don't recall if
24 I tried both 32bit and 64bit kernels. I'll have another go when I get a spare
25 moment.
28 Regards,
29 Mick